not only...but also

In private mail, I asked lojbab:

How do you say "not only A, but also B"?  Logically this is just "both...and",
but has a discursive component as well that our set of discursives doesn't
seem to handle.

And he replied:

Most if not all the discursive is handled using ji'a
A, and also B
=
abu .e ji'a by vau

I think the not only is simply the forethought version, since

*both A, but also B

hence
ge abu gi ji'a by vau

clearly there is no true negation in there, nor is 'but' really a contrast.
You might be able to but some further discursive on ji'a in cases where
the 'but also' indicates something unexpected, etc.
We may be treading over the line into 'irony', which we left out simply
because there are so many different kinds of it that one discursive really
doesn't fit, and we couldn't figure out an analytical approach - thereby
figuring that most often it could be handled by some combinations of others.