Uncertainties in EBNF Notation

   Date: Wed, 10 Apr 91 13:51:26 -0400
   From: Arthur Hyun <ash@rpi.edu>

   >The elidable terminators make the language unambiguous, but may often be
   >omitted without loss of ambiguity, especially when there is more than one
   >in a row.  For example: [ deleted ]

   I'd like to test my knowledge.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but this
   is very similar, if not identical to the Common Lisp notation ]?
   (that is, it closes all open parenthesis pairs, eg (go i (is store red]
   paraphrasing the lojban into Lisp-like English).

I think you mean Interlisp, not Common Lisp.
--Guy Steele