First attempts

>Folks,
>    I wish to comment on the posting of  Arthur Hyun <ash@rpi.edu>
> [ deletions ]
>I am sorry he missed it but the distinct advantage that lojban has over
>English is covered in the first two or three lessons!

I see very clearly several advantages that lojban has over English,
however, I nevertheless feel unable to take advantage of it.  For
example, I will take two fairly complex English sentences from the
previous mailings as examples:

>>   My primary interest in lojban is the study of the structure and
>> the syntax of it, not in learning to speak to anyone with it.

>I don't have time right now to try and make explicit what it is that he
>missed, but to help him and others has anybody updated JCB's example
>of the 17 different groupings of "a pretty, little, girl's school"
>and can we use the English examples that show the difficulty expressing
>comparable groupings (without violating his copyright)?

Although I fully admit that I am able to express *similar* meanings to
either of the above sentences, I am unable to transliterate them for the
simple reason that I have no knowledge of any logical connectives.

I do not doubt the power of expression in lojban; I merely lack the tools
to use it satisfactorily.
						cheers,
						arthur