"people"...

Art Protin comments on Richard Kennaway's neat quote, and complains that
the meaning of "people" is ambiguous.

When in doubt default to the simplest meaning - plural of person.

On a different matter, could someone please explain why "Mr. Person"
is being used to refer to the mass-term of people (plural of person),
as opposed to the archetypical person.

I say archetypical person because the title "Mr." when used this way
is most commonly intended as a personification of a instance of this
class, and the personification of a non-specific person is an archetype.

Likewise, "Mr. Rabbit" is a personified rabbit, "Mr. Table" a personified
table, etc. and I think that "le jubme prenu" is more useful to talk about
a personified table (maybe "le prenu jubme") than "lei jubme".

I seem to be talking about something different from the general flow of
conversation and wish someone would give me a clearer idea of what the
problem is.

co'o. rodo

				mi'e korant.