neat thought that came up...

coi rodo.

"Art Protin commented:
>  Yet the size of the average person's vocabulary does
> not vary from language to language as much as the size of the available
> vocabulary varies.  Thus I expect that we are nearer the limits of our
> ability to use language than we are to the limits of languages.

The implication that I see out of this is that for each person, there is
an approximate limit on the vocabulary that they retain per language,
(and probably a maximum number of languages, but this is ancillary)
and that this vocab limit is independant of the total vocabulary of the
language.

Now, if this is true, then it would be worth investigating so that we can
generate a vocabulary that falls (in item count) BELOW the average max
vocabulary of our target audience.

Just a thought."

co'o rodo.

					mi'e korant.