lojban lesson request

>Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 1991 20:01:36 +0000
>From: And Rosta <ucleaar%UCL.AC.UK@cuvmb.cc.columbia.edu>

>la .and. rost. cusku di'e

>Would someone please translate the following for me?
>(1)     I made the noise loud.
>(2)     I made the loud noise.
>I would like to use the same brivla in each translated sentence. I would
>also like the translation of the first sentence not to distinguish between
>"I made the noise become loud" and "I made the noise stay loud".

I'd do it something like this:

(1) tu'a mi rinka lenu le savru cu cladu
an-unspecified-action-involving me physically/mentally-causes the-event:
  the noise is-loud

(or any of the various ways around tu'a, like "gau mi rinka ...", meaning,
"with me as actor, something-unspecified causes...")  Note that due to
lojban's tenselessness, the above sentence does not say anything about
whether the noise is becoming or staying loud.  You can do that with
various markers and tanru.

(2) tu'a mi rinka le cladu savru
an-unspecified-action-involving me phys/ment-causes the loud-noise
OR
tu'a mi rinka le savru poi cladu
.... the noise which-restrictively is-loud.

I'm a little skhaky on this, 'cause of the "simple" sumti after "rinka".
Maybe it should be "lenu le cladu savru cu zasti" (the-event: the
loud-noide exists).  I have a love/hate relationship with tu'a; currently
I'm on "love".

Note that a better translation might be
(2) mi se sance le cladu savru
I am-the-sound-emitter-of: the loud-noise

But this would only be accurate if I yelled or something, not if I banged
pots together.

~mark