JL16 "lei lojbo"

Thoughts, quibbles, nitpicks and similar stuff.

1.  I'm not convinced that {.oinai} really corresponds to the (US?)
English "My pleasure" as a response to a request or an expression of
gratitude.  Actually, I'm not even convinced that {.ui} is an adequate
counterpart of "I'd be happy to".

2.  "{.e'o}  /  (Petition!)  /  for Pete's sake!" - Is "Pete" derived
from "Petition"?  Just wondering.

3.  Will Terry's sexual orientation truly reveal his sex?  I never
understood what {cinse}'s x2 was supposed to be, but by orientation I
understand which sex he is attracted by, which doesn't have to be the
opposite (or it may be neither).

Anyway, there is a story about a Bulgarian who went abroad and was
asked to fill out a questionnaire in English, which contained an entry
labelled "Sex:".  He was rather embarrassed by the question, as _seks_
in Bulgarian means only `sexual activity', so, in order to be on the
safe side, he wrote "From time to time".

Ivan