Re: ADMIN: Lojban Announcements List

The main reason we haven't implemented this is that announcements worth
posting seem to be few and far between, and 1) I have no more complete a
set of net addresses than the current Lojban List subscriber set and
2) my observations are that net addresses tend to have a halflife in months.
Thus, if we did manage to gather 200 names on the list, and sent out one
message per month, we would get a dozen or so bounce messages each time,
and be dropping those people from the list (as well as filling up our
mailbox).  With that frequency rate, the lurkers of the world will not
remember or bother to keep the list updated with their current address.
The net result in my opinion is that within a year, the list would have
degraded to the point that it is virtually identical to Lojban List, with
maybe a dozen other people that are interested in Lojban but don;t have
time to read the occassional high volume of Lojban List traffic.  We would
probably also lose half of the Lojban List membership to this announcements
list, which might or might not be a big loss.

That is why I personally haven't done anything about this.

lojbab