Re: TEXT: pemci

Goran:
> > > . Bigger. That
> >
> > Maybe "trabra" might have been better.
>
> ??? "behaver-big"??? Surely you meant {raibra}? Or am I missing something?

I meant "traji". Maybe not bothering to look up the cmavo list is a
sign of the true Lojbanist (Nick used to guess & sometimes get them
wrong, & he's a true Lojbanist if ever there was one).

> > > 4. Your use of {linji} is metaphorical - doesn't work for boundary (sorry
> > >    to ruin your rhyme) - {linji} is 1-dimensional, continuous set of
 points.
> > Poetic licence. "Linji" would be better "korbu", if you take it as
> > "beyond the bounds of probability"; or you can take it as "off the end
> > of the scale of probability". As you say, it's a metaphor, & NB it was
> > LE linji, not LO linji, so no solecism there, I hope.
>
> Right. It is non-veridical, but also (I believe) culturally dependent.
> (I do not know if there is a culture that does not identify lines with
> boundaries, but it stands to reason - there are many cultures in the
> world; and I don't think metaphors of this kind, ie. not directly related
> ro the semantics of the word as defined by the dictionary, should be
> present in lojban text, but maybe that's just my old overpuristic me...)

Lo Lojbo strikes me as a very Western, indeed a very glico culture.
We communicate mainly in English. And, for instance, Lojbab has
observed that for some reason there are a disproportionate number
of libertarians among its ranks. Cultural neutrality was surely
part of the language's ideals, when it was designed, but the outcome
will depend on who uses it.

---
And