Re: query about gihe, & correction of pemci

la .and. cusku di'e

> "You like a mother more than I do" is:
>    Do mi zmadu lo ni/ka nelci lo mamta
> "There is a mother that you like more than me" is:
>    Da poi mamta zohu do mi zmadu lo ni/ka nelci da

Agreed.

> Now, I want to (concisely) say "You like your mother more than I like
> mine". Will the following work?
>    Do mi zmadu lo ni/ka nelci gihe se mamta
> Is it better to say:
>    Do mi zmadu lo ni/ka nelci gihe se mamta vau zohe

No, I think not.  In either case you get "you are more than me in the
property of liking (someone) and of having a mother".  There is no connection
between the "se nelci" and the "mamta", and the "zo'e" doesn't help, because
"zo'e" doesn't preserve identity through splitting up of logical connectives;
it can mean different things in different branches of the logical connection.
Colin's example:

	mi klama la drezdn. .e la frankfurt [zo'e] [zo'e] [zo'e]

shows this clearly, since the route from the origin to Dresden is unlikely
to be the same as the route from the origin to Frankfurt.

Using "da", with or without a lambda indicator, would have the right effect.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.