Re: ago (LONG and la'a incorrect :))

Jorge wrote:
>On the question of "ago"/"from now"/"away":
>
>> Yes. But I don't think the present is not useful. Especially the
>> spatial equivalent, VI series. Don't tell me you claim never to need
>> something like {ko'a kelci va le ckule}?
>
>That would be {ko'a kelci ki le ckule vaku} or simply {ko'a va kelci
>ki le ckule} or even {ko'a va kelci to'o le ckule}.

I have NO idea what that "ki" is supposed to mean.

ko'a kelci va le ckule  means ko'a plays near, but not at, the school.
to'o le ckule implies that they are oriented (facing?) away from the school
- to'o is in the language more for motion than for location tenses.
If the event of playing is moving directly away from the school, or
departing from the school, "mo'ito'o le ckule" would be appropriate.

lojbab