krefu

Jorge:
>And:
>> > Since krefu
>> > has a place for the position but not for the dimension (and I hope
>> > nobody decides to add one) I think it is reasonable to expect that the
>> > only thing that changes from one occurrence to the next is the time.
>> And not the place, the effects, the manner, or anything else? That
>> is, if you magically swap the events round in time, the world remains
>> not perceptibly altered? This is excessively & pointlessly restrictive.
>
>You're right, of course.  Let me try again:  It is reasonable to expect
>that reccurrences are described by the same predicate applied to the
>same referents.  Things that are not part of the predicate will in
>general vary, but the variation in the time is what orders the
>recurrences.  (You need some order to make sense of the x3 of krefu.)
>You could say that every event is a recurrence of every other event, but
>that is excessively & pointlessly unrestrictive.  I'm not proposing any
>strict rule, just saying what I would consider to be a recurrence.

>Jorge:
>> Since krefu
>> has a place for the position but not for the dimension (and I hope
>> nobody decides to add one) I think it is reasonable to expect that the
>> only thing that changes from one occurrence to the next is the time.
>
>And not the place, the effects, the manner, or anything else?  That is,
>if you magically swap the events round in time, the world remains not
>perceptibly altered?  This is excessively & pointlessly restrictive.

I think I missed where this one started.

There is nothing in the definition of krefu that says that x1 and x2
differ specifically in time, or only in time.  Same for rapli.  English
"occurs more than one time" also can mean multiple occurances at the
same time.

x3 implies a ordinal sequence, but nothing says that this sequence need be
ordered in time.

lojbab