Re: TEXT: le gunse ku joi le lorxu

la xorxes. pu cusku di'e
> > > Why not? I don't like the many irrelevant places of {klama}, but what
> > > can I do? Any suggestions for how to say "go around the oven"?

mi cusku di'e
> > "mluni le toknu".

xy. cusku di'e
> i mluni le toknu ma ma
>
> The extra places of {mluni} are even more weird than those of {klama}!
> Otherwise it would be a great way to say it.

True, true.

> (How are those places filled anyway? Why does {mluni} have a place for
> "characteristics", whatever they are, and {klama} doesn't? How are
> orbital parameters x4 specified? Wouldn't space tenses work much better
> for that?)

I suspect all that stuff is there because {la lojbab. purci ke tarske
djuno}.  Anyway, I didn't mean the suggestion seriously.  I suspect that
that the existence of x4 requires that the movement of x1 around x2 be
ballistic in nature:  a ball can {mluni}, but a person doesn't really
{mluni} an oven.

--
John Cowan                                              cowan@ccil.org
                        e'osai ko sarji la lojban.