Quantifiers (was Re: A modest proposal #2: verdicality)

mi cusku .o'inai di'e
 > Anyway, IMHO the syntax of sumti needs both rethinking and debugging.
 > From the state of this part of the grammar, I'd guess that it's
 > {puta'e} been patched; I think a rewrite rather than further patching
 > is in order.

That's a bit strong, I think.  Apologies.

Lojban is a beautiful language, with a very unusual structure (for human
languages) and lots of interesting features, yielding new and different
modes of expression.  {pe'i} There are just a few rough spots that
could, well, use a little smoothing (from a rather formal language
design point of view); but on the whole, it's very clean (well-ordered,
compact).  (Much cleaner than any natural language and even some
computer languages, for instance.)

[As an aside, I'd like to point out the use of English politeness rules
in the above paragraph:  I qualified the statements that might cause
offense with {pe'i}.  Politeness rules are a very cultural thing;
Japanese, for instance, has very different rules from English.  We might
want to avoid exporting these same rules to Lojban.

On the other hand, I, for one, might not be able to:  English rules of
politeness are too ingrained in me.]

mu'o mi'e. dilyn.