Re: Revenge of the Fat Gismu (no longer Re: TEXT: le gunse ku joi le lorxu)

la lojbab. cusku di'e
 > Why haven't we fixed klupe?  Because a while back we decided it was time to
 > quit playing with the language design and write the books.

Ok, ok.  I'll quite griping and start writing...

 > In the case of klupe vs. dinko, it is always the case that a screw has thread   s,
 > annd it need not be the case that a dinko has a point per se (if it does, the
  > use of jesni might be in order to talk about it).

(which also doesn't have a place for the point...)

 > Furthermore, the screw
 > threads in some kinds of screws (e.g. worm gears) are really rather separate
 > things than the support fopr the threads, hence I decided not to eliminate
 > the added place.

I don't think I know about those screws, but I'll take your word for it.

 > There is also a little history in these object gismu.  At one point very
 > early on, we identified a clear semantic distinction, a hierarchy as it were
 > from tutci-cabra-minji-zukte.  Some of the place additions came from a
 > mistaken attempt to say that some gismu were necessarily subclasses of one
 > of these - e.g. a mruli is always a tutci etc. and it was for brevity that we
 > trasfered some places of tutci to mruli.

Not sure what you mean.  Has {tutci} lost places since this time?  All
the places of {tutci} seem to be covered in {mruli}.  ({to'o} What's
the fourth terbridi of {mruli}?  The handle or an agent?)

(Hey, what about my other gripes (e.g., the motion selbri)?  Should I
just ignore places I don't like in text I write?)

--Dylan