Re: A modest proposal re: tenses

> > > 4) I still see problems saying something like "two feet north and
> > > five feet west".
> >
> > I will stick with:
> >
> >  be'aku va lei re gutci vu'aku va lei mu gutci
>
> (BTW, xorxes, this could be only 1 foot to north and west)

Not at all.  {lei re gutci} is a mass of two feet, and I count on a
cooperative audience to think of them aligned one after the other.  It
is equivalent to {le gutci remei}, which is also a mass of two.

I agree that {le gutci be li re} is more precise, but it is also more
awkward, so in general I think {lei re gutci} is best for the everyday
expression.

An intermediate expression would be {le li re gutci}.

> > > co'o mi'e. dilyn.
> > co'o mi'e xorxes
> co'o mi'e. goran.
co'o mi'e xorxes