Re: Quantifiers (was Re: A modest proposal #2: verdicality)

Dilyn:
> > > ("butters parsnips"?)
> > "Fine words butter no parsnips".
> .i xu lo'e matne genjrparsni ku'u da na'o cidja

Cumki .i Mi na djuno kiu loe nu loe genjrparsni mi vatygau .i
Koa tcacyjufra fe loe gligli bangu.

Kris:
> >Au se jdacku duu paa loe nu ro dakxai loi terplixa cu binxo ku
> >dibzma loe catrytci fa loe valsi fe jia rahunai juocui ro nae glezdi.
> Whoosh.  I'm stumped.  Here's my attempt at an english translation:
>  (desire) [observative] the bible story about, in addition to turning
>  swords into plowshares, words being more dear than weapons, which
>  are also incidentally certainly all of the things which are other
>  than sexually-amusing

"Would there were the preached proposition that in addition to swords
turning into ploughshares, words be dearer than weapons, and,
incidentally, possibly (than) all but sexual gratification."

> I get the "which are" from the discussion of appositives as
> interpretation of overloaded places; specifically the x2 place of
> dibzma (lo'e catrytci and fe ji'a ... glezdi)

I thought I remembered John saying "fa da fa de broda" means "fa da e de
broda", & took advantage of that.

> Are you pointing out that the bible story about swords and
> plowshares also says words are more dear than weapons?  But
> I don't get the part about glezdi -- is that gletu zdile?
> Fuckin' amusin'?

On the whole I was saying it should be pointed out that words are dead
good, & more so that most other stuff, but there may indeed be an
unconscious allusion to the well-known passage from the Bible "And the
Lord spake unto him and said Swords shall be turned into ploughshares
and words shall be more precious than weapons, and yea that shall be
fuckin' amusin'".

---
And