Re: A Fuzzy Ship from Theseus

Fuzzy logic always comes up with regard to {jei}, but I don't really
understand of what use it is.  Besides the trivial examples like:

        le jei ti blanu cu du li pibimu
        The extent of truth of "this is blue" is 0.85

which I suppose nobody would ever want to use, {jei} doesn't seem to be
all that relevant to fuzzy usage.  What could be useful would be a way
of assigning some truth scale to what is being said, not to some quoted
sentence.  There are (at least) two ways to do this.  One is to use
tanru with {mutce}, {traji}, etc.  You can't ask for more fuzziness than
tanru.  Another way is to use attitudinals, for instance the scale:

ju'ocai    absolute certainty
ju'osai
ju'o
ju'oru'e   weak certainty
ju'ocu'i   uncertainty
ju'onai    impossibility

Adding that to a sentence is somewhat like giving it a fuzzy truth
value.  So I can say {ju'osai ti blanu} "This is ceratinly blue", or
{ju'oru'e ti blanu} "This is blue, I suppose".

But I don't see how {jei}, or {ni}, can be put to use for any of this.

Jorge