Re: quantifiers on sumti - late response

la dilyn cusku di'e
> I was going to suggest that I put in an inner quantifier {su'o} to
> explicitly say that I'm not talking about _all_ the men I have in
> mind, but I checked and the inner quantifier of {lei} is already
> {su'o}.  Doesn't this mean that {lei gunka} can be some piece of the
> workers I have in mind?  Maybe it would make more sense for the inner
> quantifier of {gunka} to be {ro}.

The inner and outer quantifiers have very different functions.  You are
taking the inner quantifier as if it was selecting from some total, but
it is not.  The inner quantifier is the total.  If the inner quantifier
is {su'o}, that only says that the total is at least one.

        lei su'o gunka
        The whole mass of all the workers (at least one)
        that I have in mind.

The inner quantifier does not select from the number of workers you have
in mind.  It is that number.

Jorge