No Subject

The fuzzyists have noted the problem that xorxes keeps pointing out,
that officially the characteristic function value or the truth value is
this very precise number.  To meet this they have developed fuzzy
numbers and the corresponding fuzzy arithmetic.  I haven't fiddled with
this much (it's not logic so I would be less adept at it) but it seems
to function on my grandmother's principle, "Many a mickle maks a
muckle," with a variety of "numbers" not unlike the range of items
lojban has in quantifier set s:  "many," "few," "several," and so on,
including the "about n" sort.  These then serve as values for fuzzy
characteristic or truth functions in the latest versions of the earlier
theories.  The metatheory to this theory is a fuzzy set theory over
ordinary numbers, which are more or less in given ranges.

pc >|83