Re: Some questions on le'avla

la xorxes. cusku di'e

> I think that in principle,
> anything that can't be a gismu or lujvo and doesn't violate the
> morphology rules could be a fu'ivla, but I'm not even sure that is
> true.

It is true.

> The algorithm is a way of making sure of getting something that
> can't be a gismu or lujvo, but I think it is not required that all
> fu'ivla use it.

Right.  In principle, hand-crafted le'avla for high-frequency concepts are
fine: the algorithm just removes the need for careful checking.

> Which form of the original word to use is not at all clear. Ideally,
> words to be borrowed should have only one form. When this is not
> the case, I don't know what happens.

The word-coiner has to choose.

> > By the way, is it possible to combine le'avla into lujvo, e.g.
> > "cipnrkorvyterbilma" (crow disease)?
>
> If fu'ivla can't contain "y", then there should be no problem, but
> I don't know what's the rule.

It is true that le'avla can't contain "y", but this trick still doesn't
work, as I explained in my previous post.  At one point we were going to
use ",iy," as the le'avla glue, but that ran into trouble as well, so
I invented "zei" and that is now the answer to all such problems.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.