Re: questions

la goran cusku di'e

> 1) I seem to remember that somebody used "ko'a poi du ko'e" form. Is it
>    possible? Parser doesn't like it (I guess it doesn't think du is
>    a selbri). Is this legal sumti? Is it gendra?

I tried it and it parsed all right:

({ko'a <poi [du (ko'e VAU)] KU'O>} VAU)

> 2) I tried to find a word for "set", and the closest I could find were
>    te porsi (which implies that the set has some ordering relation
>    defined) and se cmima (which does not imply that the elements in x2
>    are the complete enumeration of x1's contents). Is there a better
>    choice?

I'm not sure about the places of {su'omei}, but if they are "x1 is
the mass of components x2 which are the members of set x3", then
{te su'omei} should work. (For non-empty sets.)

> 3) How does one say "any two of the man, the woman and the kid"? That
>    is, how does one extract n elements from the ce-specified set? The
>    best I could think of is "re lo cmima be le nanmu kuce le ninmu kuce
>    le verba". Is there a way of doing it without cmima? Something with
>    LU'A? I tried "re lu'a ny. ce ny. xire ce vy.", but parser won't
>    allow that.

The problem there appears to be with {xi}. The parser doesn't like it
after a BY. {re lu'a ny. ce ny.boi xire ce vy.} seems to work.

Jorge