Re: Imperatives

> >        ei roda punji lei ri cukta le jubme
> >        Everybody put their books on the table.
>
> but no cigar for this one :-)
>
> I think this is closer in meaning to "All of you, put your books on the
 table."
> in that the "everybody" is referring to the second person plural.

But that would be "Everybody, put your books on the table." Or can "their" be
a second person pronoun in English? I agree that they are very close in meaning.

> .i piro ko punji lei ri cukta le jubme
>
> Is this pro-sumti mass or individual?

I think all personal pro-sumti are mass, but I'm not sure whether everybody
agrees with me, probably not. (You can also use {do} here instead of {ri}.)

> Is this the same as
>
> .i roko punji lei cukta le jubme

I would understand {roko} as a short form of {ro lu'a ko}, since otherwise
it isn't really needed. Similarly {re do} would be {re lu'a do}, etc.

Jorge