Re: "ko" considered bad

>Date:         Tue, 17 Oct 1995 13:18:00 LCL
>From: Paulo Barreto <BARRETO%VELAHF%ECCSA.TR.UNISYS.COM@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>

>What does "le ko pinsi cu xunre" mean? Note that this semantic question
>is not restricted to "ko": according to Jorge (and also to the parser),
>that could be rephrased "le do e'o pinsi cu xunre".

I believe it's supposed to mean, roughly "make your pencil red."  More
precisely, "ko" in a sentence is a command that "do" (whoever "do" is)
should act in such a manner that the sentence becomes true, when "ko" is
replaced by "do."  So it's a command the "do" behave such that "le do pinsi
cu xunre" is true.  So it's like "Make it so that your pencil is red!"

Sound right?

~mark