Re: NAI

Since NAI is a permissible standalone word in an utterance, it is a mistake to
consider it solely a suffix.  It is of course a word because it meets the
Lojban definition of a word.

You would have a better claim that "ba'e
is a prefix and not a word, and likewise "zo", since they CANNOT stand on their
own grammatically.  i suspect there are sveral other selma'o that cannot
stand on their own either - is "ku" a suffix? is "le" a prefix?

IN short, I do not see what the point of your claim is - it sounds like you
wish to choose another definition of "word
", one which complicates the morphology and the grammar of the language.
Just as wishing that we called the apostrophe (or h) a consonant because it
happens to be one in most of linguistics, but would make the Lojban design
less clear, is less than productive.

lojbab