Why "fu'ivla"?

I really don't understand why this lujvo is being used to replace
"le'avla". If something is a "copy" word, it should have been "copied"
in some way. However, I haven't seen a single "fu'ivla" that has
been copied from the source language -- they are always adapted to
some extent, at least phonologically/orthographically, and most
frequently with the addition of a classifier prefix.

If "le'avla" doesn't reflect the concept well, why not a compound of
"mapti", or a gismu made in the same way as "cmavo" and "lujvo"?

co'o mi'e paulos.

    Paulo S. L. M. Barreto  --  Software Analyst  --  Unisys Brazil
    Standard disclaimer applies ("I do not speak for Unisys", etc.)
                       e'osai ko sarji la lojban.