Re: LR(k)

la lojbab. cusku di'e

>I think the argument goes like this.  There are constructs starting wit
>numbers that cannot be resolved until you know the token following the
>last digit of the number (e.g. number+ROI vs. number+MOI), and hence
>resolving such a grammatical construct, starting from the beginning of
>the number, takes an infinite look ahead.

This is a grammar problem, not a language one. Knuth's theorem states
that *all* deterministic context-free languages have an LR(1) grammar.
co'o mi'e paulos.

    Paulo S. L. M. Barreto  --  Software Analyst  --  Unisys Brazil
    Standard disclaimer applies ("I do not speak for Unisys", etc.)
                       e'osai ko sarji la lojban.