Re: Veijo's 1994 proposal for nested relative clauses

> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 19:10:05 +0000
> From: ucleaar <ucleaar@UCL.AC.UK>
> Subject: Re: Veijo's 1994 proposal for nested relative clauses

> Veijo:
> > > "And what do we learn from this, comrades?"  I'm not sure, but at any
> > > rate some further thinking is needed.  Please comment!
> >  I'd like to add this feature to the language. It offers a working
> >  solution to a problem which people with an English background
> >  don't mostly even perceive.
>
> Could we be reminded in a bit more detail of the nature of the problem?
>
> coo, mie lai and

  I have appended my final posting on the theme in Aug '94.
  Note that the changes proposed here to the YACC grammar are very early
  drafts, and I have afterwards revised them at least twice until I
  arrived at the rather more general model presented in my last posting.

    co'o mie veion