Re: le'ala'ezo LIN mo'u pamoi la'elu spofu fonxa

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996 13:24:57 GMT Don Wiggins said:
>Here it is at last the first round of Broken Phone.
[...]
>Strangely enough, the past tense was transformed into "co'a"
>among other things in middle, but magically re-appeared
>at the very end again.

The {co'a} (which was mine) was not a tense indicator; it had its ordinary
inchoative meaning, expressing `hid' as `started being hidden', `became
hidden'.  I decided not to express the past tense at all, since this is
a fragment taken out of the middle of a longer text, in which presumably
there is a {puki} in some more appropriate place.

>It went "uma pause gratificante"->"pleasant hiatus"->"shoes off" where
>the shoes appeared from, I don't know.

I had disregarded the importance of using the most recent edition of the
rafsi liste, and back in 1988, when my hard copies were printed, {cut}
stood for {cuntu} `affair'.  Thus my construction was intended to mean
`[there was] an affair-free period of indefinite length'.  I see now
that the new rafsi for {cuntu} is {cu'u} (which used to stand for {curnu}
`worm'), and {cut} stands for {cutne} `chest' (though that is not the same
as {cutci} `shoe').

--Ivan