Re: LogFlash and LESSY (!)

Lojbab writes:
>>For more developped languages, I stick to may idea: of course, a finished
>>product, "good for teaching", takes long to create; but if you have a
>>simple, maintainable, editable archive, you can achieve it step by step,
>>while your requirements grow and your familiarity with that particular
>>language increases.
>
>This is basically how I haveuse LogFlash to learn Russian vocabulary.  But
>I quickly found that it was more work to create the vocabulary lists than
>to simply memorize them, so I stopped at around 200 words - not enough to
>do anything with in the language.

That hasn't been my experience with using FlashCards (aka Mac LojFlash and
Mac LogFlash) to learn Dutch vocab.  I've accumulated a file of about 2200
Dutch entries, starting from the word lists in a Dutch textbook and then
adding a few words every time I do any reading in Dutch.  FlashCards allows
editing the data file with any text editor to add new words or to correct
existing entries, without forgetting the user's status.  It also has some
flexibility about the input format (driven mainly by the need for it to
work with data files from several independent sources).

___
\X/ Richard Kennaway, jrk@sys.uea.ac.uk, http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/~jrk/
    School of Information Systems, Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich, U.K.