Re: place switching cmavo...

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, R.M. Uittenbogaard wrote:

> I always thought the places were numbered subsequently, and
>
> fo le dargu cu klama fa mi do lemi zdani le karce
>
> meant that "le karce" occupies the x4 place as well, which makes
> it equal in meaning to:
>
> mi klama do lemi zdani le dargu .e le karce   ,  or
> mi klama do lemi zdani le dargu fo le karce
>
> So instead, filled places are skipped for subsequent sumti?

I think you're right and Lojbab is mistaken on this one, but
I don't have my references here at work to look it up.

I seem to remember a discussion on this where someone suggested
that (to use your example) le karce and le dargu would act
like appositives, supposedly naming the same thing (and I
forget the cmavo which would do this directly: po'u?  no'u?
something like that maybe...)

co'o mi'e kris