Re: CONLANG: Lojban attitudinals

> But I think that emotions are rather less obvious than we might think
> they are, and also that heavy use of emotional attitudinals adds a
> flavor to Lojban that is positive and indeed strongly helps against the
> image of the Loglans as being emotionless and hyperlogical.  They help
> make Lojban FUN.

The thing about the emotionals and the attitudinals is the amount of
compression that they achieve.  For instance, the phrase "I believe that"
becomes `.ia' and "I hear that", `ti'e'.  The equivalent predications are
much more unwieldy and this is one of the reasons that other loglangs are so
prolix in expressing even some simple concepts.

> The phrase was "how much do I owe you for ...", and Don translated using
> "degji", x1 owes x2 to creditor x3.

.i .u'u .i You mean "dejni"; "degji" is finger.

ni'o co'omi'e dn.