Re: A challenge

>Date:         Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:35:30 GMT
>From: Don Wiggins <dwiggins%BFSEC.BT.CO.UK@CUVMB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU>
>
>>>.i lu mi'a      visydonborka'ogei .i  ku'i    ko   smajo'ukemvizyzva li'u
>>>    "  We  seeing-(you-well)-glad.  However, you! quiet-and-(here-at)  "
>>>

>>I don't know about making it into a single word, but I probably would
>>expect more UI markers! (and maybe fewer predicates.  And probably mi
>>instead of mi'a: if the speaker knows enough to say that "we" are glad,
>>she's probably speaking on behalf of "we").
>
>It seems to be really difficult to use fewer predicates, but that way would
>certainly be better Lojban.
>
>>za'a kanro .ui
> Evidential-I-observe-that (something) is-healthy and-I-am-happy-about-it.
>
>.oicu'iro'o for physical-non-complaint.

Yeah, that's what I tried for in the second attempt with fu'iro'ose'inai
(or fu'iro'odai)

>>.i         re'inai           .ei    ko zvati     ti
>    Not-ready-to-receive obligation you!  at this-indicated.
>
>I don't know about that "re'inai", how about "ta'a" 'interruption'.

Works too.  I was using re'inai to mean "I don't want to hear from you; not
ready to process your input.  Shut your trap."

>>.ui za'ase'i fu'iro'ose'inai ko zvati ti
>
>>Maybe even some cmavo replacement for zvati?
>
>.o'e is closeness.

That might do it. :)  I tried to think of one...

>.i lu      .oicu'iro'odai             .ui .i    ta'a          o'edai
>    " Physical-non-complaint-empathy glad.  Interruption closeness-empathy
>
>   .e'uga'i    li'u
>suggest-haughty. "
>
>That starting to look a lot better.  Now if the "ta'a" can be eliminated then
>all the cmavo can be squished together and scoped with "fu'e... fu'o" and
>we're there.

You can still squish them together; why can't you?  Because of the vowels?
"ta'a.o'edai" is as much a compound cmavo as ".o'edai" is.

~mark