A question about space tenses

I'm writing definitions in Lojban for the cmavo of selmaho
FAhA, and I want to make sure that I'm understanding some
of them correctly. The reference grammar says:

> Special note on ``fa'a'', ``to'o'', ``zo'i'', and ``ze'o'':
>
> ``zo'i'' and ``ze'o'' refer to direction towards or away from the
> speaker's location, or whatever the origin is.
>
> ``fa'a'' and ``to'o'' refer to direction towards or away from
> some other point.

So, would the following be correct?

        le nixli cu bajra fa'a le tricu
        The girl runs towards the tree.

        le nixli cu bajra to'o le tricu
        The girl runs away from the tree.

        le nixli cu bajra zo'i le tricu
        The girl runs from the tree towards me.

        le nixli cu bajra ze'o le tricu
        The girl runs from the tree away from me.

In other words, both {zo'i} and {ze'o} are special cases of {to'o}
with additional information: {ze'i le tricu}={to'o le tricu fa'a mi}
and {ze'o le tricu}={to'o le tricu to'o mi}. Is my understanding
correct?

I can't interpret any other way that note from the refgrammar, but
on the other hand, the keywords "inwards" and "outwards" suggest
a different meaning: for example, as in the recent use by Don
of {zo'i sisku} and {ze'o sisku} for inwards and outwards search,
if I recall.

So, which is it?

Notice that "outwards" and "inwards" can also be obtained as
{ne'ito'o} and {ne'ifa'a}, so whichever meanings {ze'o} and
{zo'i} have, they are just shorthands for something else.

Jorge