Re: A question about space tenses

In message <854419538.621181.0@vms.dc.lsoft.com> jorge@INTERMEDIA.COM.AR writes:
> Iain Alexander wrote:
> [...]
> > Perhaps, but it looks like we're stuck with using the gismu
> > {farna} for that.

[Editorial note:  I'm sure I added "Or {fi'o farna}" after originally
preparing that message and before sending it off, but it seems to
have got lost somewhere.]

> ... The definition lojbab gave is also
> ambiguous, and though the explanation he gives obviously refers to
> the location definition, I think it would be worth going back to
> the original orientation one. (The origin of fa'a is from farna,
> clearly, and that is even in the refgrammar.)

Well, the whole of selma'o FAhA is about position, and adding
{mo'i} makes it about movement.  It might have been nice if
there had been another MOhI which made it about orientation.
You always try using e.g. {xo'i} for that.
I don't think having one or two cmavo in the selma'o being
about a different kind of spatial relationship is a good idea,
no matter what the loosely-associated gismu might be.
--
Iain Alexander                    ia@stryx.demon.co.uk
                    I.Alexander@bra0125.wins.icl.co.uk