Some how-do-you-says

And Rosta <a.rosta@UCLAN.AC.UK> said:

> How to render in Lojban:
>
> 1a The people each read **a different** book.
>
> 1b the couple who are respectively french and german
>
> 2a the mothers of Xorxe and And
>
> 2b the mothers of the men
>
> 2c the children of the women
>
> 2d The french and germans [not only people with dual nationality]
>
> I can only manage them with long circumlocutions. Are there some
> tricks I'm missing?

Mark Vines responds:

Because I'm only a beginner, my suggestions may be less than
reliable, but I have a suggestion regarding 2a-2c, & that is
to use {vrici}:

2a  le vrici mamta be la xorxes. je la .and.
2b  le vrici mamta be le vrici nanmu
2c  le vrici verba be le vrici ninmu
2c  le vrici panzi be le vrici ninmu

If my suggestion is incorrect or suboptimal, I hope someone will
say so.

co'omi'e markl