RET: tunlo, x2 & zi'o

The most recent gismu list known to me gives the following entry
for {tunlo}:

> tunlo
> tul     tu'o
> swallow
> x1 gulps/swallows
> 5c   2
> [x1 swallows down [food/drink] x2 (= tulpinxe, tulcti, ctitu'o
> (the latter two are more general - for food or beverage);
> swallow/engulf (= galxycti, galxynerbi'o, galxygre]; (cf. citka,
> pinxe, galxe)

This entry has some problems, like an excess of ((, & I am unsure
of how it should be read.

I think maybe it's saying that {tunlo} has no x2 place by itself,
that a tanru or lujvo must be used if an x2 place is needed.  Is
that correct?

If so, this leads me to a question about gismu semantics.  Why does
{tunlo} have no x2 place for the thing swallowed?

Suppose someone performs the action of gulping without necessarily
swallowing any food or drink.  If {tunlo} had an x2 place, would
we have to say {tunlo zi'o} in order to describe that action?

I'm wondering whether {tunlo} was denied an x2 place as part of an
effort to minimize the use of {zi'o}.

co'omi'e markl