Re: proposing a lujvo

> >Really?  We don't have to reach an explicit
> >agreement on the place structure of the lujvo?
>
> My undestanding is that lujvo are metaphors. As such, there is no explicit
> designation as to what they mean. Presumably, some lujvo will  come to be
> accepted as specific mappings in lojban semantic space, and will become
> "words" whose metaphorical ambiguity will be lessened by conventional usage.

That's not the way I read the literature about Lojban at all, nor do I
think that's a useful interpretation.  It seems to me that ordinary tanru
are flexible metaphors, open to interpretation and ad hoc coinage, but
that lujvo are only created when a certain specific meaning is used
commonly enough to merit forming a single word for it, and thereby making
it listable and its meaning no longer ambiguous.

Hmm.  Now I have Lojbanize my name to sign off.  zo lis. doesn't sound
right.  zo les. would work, or zo daniel.  Guess I'll settle for

co'omi'e les.
--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com>  <http://www.piclab.com/lcrocker.html>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,