Re: "Nearly Correct" (was New thread, anyone?)

>cu'u la lojbab
>>Book, Chapter 5 Section 15 (symmetric tanru examples) of which the last two
>>types I think fill the bill of counterexamples.
>
>But those are not Lojban examples! They're examples of how tanru-like
>things work in other languages, but not of real Lojban tanru. I think I have
>read most of the Lojban text that has been written, and I don't remember
>ever coming across something like xrula tricu (flower tree) used to mean
>"vegetation" or anything like that.

The point of including those examples in the book, as I understood it (and I
think i explicitly asked Cowan on this) is that they show a ranhe of what is at
 least minimally permissible in Lojban tanru.

That may nit be what Ivan's paper originally was intended for, but in
translatingthe examples into Lojban tanru, and including them in the Book
they acquire cachet as permissible forms.

You and I might avoid them, but (alas?) I think they are permissible.
That they have not yet been used does not mean that they will not be.
(Actually I have no doubt that Michael Helsem would do so in his
poetry, and probably has - it is just a question of how bona fide his
Lojban poetry is as Lojban).

lojbab
----