Re: [LANGDEV] ceqli

Mark:
> >rex:
> >> 3.  I want to replace the attitudinals with something with
> >> more redundancy, for obvious reasons, and also with something
> >> more flexible.  I propose a little word (gram in Ceqli), say,
> >> 'xa' (shah), which precedes a single word, turning it into an
> >> attitudinal.  'Sper' means 'to hope', 'xa sper' would translate
> >> 'I hope', 'let's hope,' or (ouch!) 'hopefully.'
> >Livagian has something similar for a class of "ejaculatives".
> >"xa shit", or "xa bassdrum", or "xa gugug" - words that do
> >nothing but express emotion. (The things like "hopefully" are
> >handled in a much more elaborate way, because they interact
> >with logical meaning.)
>
> You can do much the same with Lojban {sei}, right?

Rex's system is like {sei}, by not Livagian's. In Livagian the
complement of "xa" is technically evacuated of meaning - it is
a word used as pure sound. In practise the word's meaning may
colour the interpretation of the ejaculative, but in principle
ejaculatives have wholly unspecified meaning.

--And