Re: clani

Lee:
>Though Jorge wasn't talking about "ni", I think his point is still
>good: the abstract property of "length" is "ka mitre", and "length"
>of something (a measure) is "ni mitre".

The reason I prefer not to talk about ni is that I never fully
understood what it's for. I'm confortable using ka, nu and du'u,
but I don't know about the other "abstractors", maybe because
the first three are the only ones that have been used
significantly.

Where would one use {ni mitre} for example? Isn't  the measure
{se mitre}? I know what {le ka mitre li ci} means: The property
of measuring three meters. But what does {le ni mitre li ci} mean?

>"ni clani", or "amount of
>longness" is different.  A (subjectively) long thing has "some"; a
>subjectively short thing has none.  A subjectively very long thing
>has a lot.  Similarly, a long thing has no amount of shortness, and
>a very short thing has a lot of shortness.

I agree, but I would say it with ka rather than ni:

                    le clani cu ckaji le ka clani

                    le tordu cu claxu le ka clani

                    le clatce cu mutce le ka clani

co'o mi'e xorxes