Re: clani

>Lee:
>>Though Jorge wasn't talking about "ni", I think his point is still
>>good: the abstract property of "length" is "ka mitre", and "length"
>>of something (a measure) is "ni mitre".
>
>The reason I prefer not to talk about ni is that I never fully
>understood what it's for. I'm confortable using ka, nu and du'u,
>but I don't know about the other "abstractors", maybe because
>the first three are the only ones that have been used
>significantly.
>
>Where would one use {ni mitre} for example? Isn't  the measure
>{se mitre}? I know what {le ka mitre li ci} means: The property
>of measuring three meters. But what does {le ni mitre li ci} mean?

I think (or at least hope) he meant ka clani and ni clani rather than
ka mitre and ni mitre.

I cannot express, nor really soundly grasp in my mind "ni mitre".  I would
not equate it to se mitre.  There mighyt be some usable semantics if one
were to use nu mitre to quantify a part of the mass "loi mitre."
but since i am just groping for this, I will nto defend it.

lojbab
----