Re: tremau

>So you say that  {tremau} to you is {zmadu fi le ka ke'a mitre xokauroi}
>"more in how often it is measured in meters" than {zmadu fi le ka ke'a
>mitre makau}  "more in how many meters it measures". Why would
>you choose the more involved decomposition of the lujvo, when the
>simpler one seems much more useful?

I am having trouble debating this with you since I do not know whether you
mean something different by "leka broda" in x3 of zmadu than I mean by
"leni broda
in the same position.  In most cases, I would consider them interchangeable,
since ni broda is simply a quantitative measurement of ka broda, but I am
not sure that it is always the case, especially if you were to convince
me
that an object which is "na clani" also na se ckaji leka clani.

ni broda always has a scale/degree associated with it as part of its place
structure.  ka broda does not necessarily have a scale (it is not part
of the places structure of a ka abstraction) and hence I have trouble being
sure what you mean by "zmadu fi le ka broda" in a  quantitative sense.
(I won't even address that fact that your use of ke'a totally loses me
for reasons we have long argued, so I cannot answer your specific questions
at all).

lojbab
----