Help with Lojban, please

Hi!

I'm trying to create/convert some original text, and want some review
comments.  Lojbab has been kind enough to already give this a cursory
look, but any other comments about this would be greatly appreciated.

I think the part about "work or school" (ckule .a jibri) seems wrong; is
there a right way to do this?

Also, how would one propose marriage in Lojban?  I couldn't find the
concept properly expressed in the gismu list.  I thought perhaps
something like "lanzu finti" (family type of inventing) but that sounds
really bad.

Here is the original text:

Hi, Mary!

I'm not very surprised that Scott is lazy about school.  I think most
people are lazy about work or school.  They have no motive about
anything.

In fact, they refuse to think because they don't have any self-esteem.

I have to leave town soon.

Goodbye!

------

And my translation attempt:

coi Meris!

.uecu'i le scat lazni le ckule ku .i mi pensi le'e le nanmu goi ko'a ku
latna
so'i ckule .a jibri .i na ko'a mukti da

.i .ainai da'inai ko'a pensi de seja'e na ko'a sinma ko'a

.i mi zi cliva le tcadu

co'o!