example of ni ambiguity

Lojbab asks:
>  >So what is the difference, and can you come up with an example where
> >the value of ni broda is different for these two definitions (or maybe
> >you have and I don't understand).

An example is hard to come up with that's not strained, because typically
one or the other would just be incorrect in some situation.  So a
strained example: suppose your hair is seven inches long, (and we'll
assume that speaker & listener agree on inches) and I say:

   mi nelci le ni le do kerfa cu clani

A: By the "numerical" definition, this would mean, loosely:
  "I just estimated your hair length, and it happens to be a favorite
   number of mine!"

B: The "indirect question" definition would mean:
  "I like the length of your hair!"

By doing math with the result of leni in the refgram, it is implied that "A"
is correct, but by using it as the x3 of ckaji, it is implied that "B" is
correct.

To restate my opinion: "B" ought to be correct.  "A" ought to be
translated as

  mi nelci le jai sela'u clani be fai le do kerfa

co'o mi'e kris