Re: Order in the court where these cases will be heard....

---Svona kvap Tony Harris
<tony.harris@CCVTEST.CCV.VSC.EDU>:

> (snipped, several comments about Latin Case
Order)

> >Wheelock lists them thus:
> >Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative,
Ablative.

> >I have been told several times in the past
that this is the normal order in
> >the US. I can only take the word of US
correspondents for this  :-)

> >In Britain the cases are regularly listed:
> >Nominative, Accusative, Genitive, Dative,
Ablative.

> In most, if not all, of the books I have seen
published in the US
> the case order is N,G,D,Acc,Abl.  In fact, at
first I didn't make
> the connection that the other books
(N,Acc,G,D,Abl) were UK
> published.  Rather, I just thought it was a
strange way of listing
> them.
>
> What WAS the Roman Way of listing the cases?

Nuke me if I'm wrong, but the way I remember it
is:
Nominativus,
Accusativus,
Dativus,
Genitivus,
Ablativus.

---Feri

===
-----------------------*------------------------------------
VALSCZY Ferenc Gyvrgy     maleter@rocketmail.com

Personal Page:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/3976/index.html
Uralic Languages Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/3259/index.html
Gamyar Language Page:
http://members.tripod.com/~tuonela/english/gamyar.html
The reason communism will ultimately fail is
that Marxism-Leninism cannot dictate the
weather. --Feri Valsczy