Taoist and Buddhist texts (was Re: FANVA)

At 9:34 PM -0700 10/25/97, HACKER G N wrote:
>On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Chris Bogart wrote about the Tao Te Ching:
[snip]
>> * This book is an interesting mixture of cryptic poetic
>>   fluff and subtle logical statements.

I don't find it cryptic, but then I'm a Buddhist.

>It cries out for
>>   further translation.
>
>I'd like to see somebody translate it from the original CHINESE. Then
>we'll see just how good Lojban is as an interlanguage.
>
>Geoff

I can't do that for you, but here is a complete Buddhist scripture
translated from Sanskrit to Lojban. It is one of the many Maha Prajna
Paramita Sutra texts, and, naturally, the shortest.

Sutra of Perfect Practice of Great Wisdom in One Syllable

Sanskrit: a

Lojban: na

English: un

Buddhist logic is, of course, very thoroughly non-Aristotelian, like all
other non-dualist (but not monist) mysticism. 'a' in Sanskrit, as in Greek,
is the negation prefix. This scripture is very similar to the Hindu saying,
'neti, neti', usually translated 'not this, not that'.

co'o mi'e ed.
.i e'osai la lojban pluka ko
<http://xiron.pc.helsinki.fi/lojban/>