Re: APL & Lojban

la .iVAN. cusku di'e

> Karl Andrews wrote:
>> I originally became interested in Loglan and then Lojban as a means for
>> sharpening my thinking in general, somewhat in the same manner that APL
>> did for my math-oriented thinking. What jumped out at me was here are
two
>> other Lojban people who were familiar with APL. [...]

> For what it's worth, I am also sort of familiar with APL, although I
haven't
> used it much; and I don't know if Irene Gates is still on this list, but
she
> made her bread programming in APL for several years.  I think the
regularity
> is a real one: my appreciation of APL and of Lojban share the same source
--
> a liking for the unusual plus a fondness of conciseness.

.a'a .a'u .ie  Yes, I'm still here, I saw this thread, and only an acute
lack of time prevented me from chiming in.  I did give it some thought,
though, and came to the same conclusion that Ivan did, although pe'i su'a
Lojban is only really concise when it comes to the attitudinals and things.

co'o mi'e .airinix.

---
Irene A Gates                         <70732.244@compuserve.com>
Burlington, Ontario, Ca             Aviculturist and linguaphile

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it"  -- Emerson