Re: Your first sentence

>That's the "beauty" of tanru

I certainly enjoy it, however, I find to become overfond of it
is to invite disaster.

>> This may seem like a nit, but I'd like to ask nevetheless.  Is
>> "le'i" necessary here?  I find in my cmavo lists that the place
>> structre for "pamoi" includes a place: "among set/list/group x[2]".
>> Thus: "dei pamoi le mi lojbo jufra".
>
>pamoi X2 requires a set.  le'i causes the sumti to be interpreted as a
>set.  "lemi lojbo jufra" means the (specific) sentence I have in mind,
>and the referent of dei would presumably be the first part (word?) of
>this sentence considered as an ordered set.  Not what you want.

Hmm.  "lemi lojbo jufra" could mean the specific sentenceS in mind, as
it is implicit whether or not those are plural.  Therefore, "dei"
could refer to the first sentence of those in mind.

>Think of motion words where the difference between arguments is
>semantic but where there is no set/extension contrast.  Here the
>article (le, le'i, etc.) can't do double duty as a caselink.

Uhm, I'm afraid I don't undestand what you mean here.  If other
people do, perhaps it'd be better to mail me regarding it, rather
than cluttering the net.

>This isn't authoritative, but I believe pamoi X3 specifies the sort
>order for the list.  E.g. a restaurant menu ordered by price,
>contrasted to ordered by how much I like the dish, or alphabetically.
>This is one way to deliver a "best" or "most extreme" meaning.

My reference is from a partial cmavo list with no date on it.  The
title reads "Partial Alphabetical Listing of cmavo, emphasizing those
used in JL10".

  "moi  lexeme MOI; 'x1 is-a (immediately-preceding quantifier)-th
        among se/list/group x2 in property x3 ordered by rule x4"

							cheers,
							arthur