Re: Response to Six Messages

la djim. kartr. cusku di'e:
> (Msg 3)  Alternative #1: Athelstan (?) objects to this line of evolution:
>
> 	gau mi galfi le bitmu			(bridi)
> 	le jai gau galfi be *fi* le bitmu	(similar sumti)
>
> However, this is bogus because the first sentence should have been
>
> 	gau mi galfi *fe* le bitmu		(bridi should be)
>
> (since the original x1 is vacant).  So in both situations the user has
> to jump over a place.  The change from fe to fi is simply a consequence
> of shifting x1-x5 to x2-x6, presumably a tolerable change.  Assuming you
> come up with a placelink for x6.

The "fe" would be correct, but is not needed.  The original bridi is an
observative, as I noted in an earlier message: the x1 place is known to be
empty because there are no (untagged) sumti before the selbri.

x6 has a place marker, if needed:  "faxixa" = "fa-sub-6".  (I note with
pleasure that you are using "placelink" for FA instead of "caselink", but
I still find the term "link" confusing in this context:  what is supposed
to be linked to what?)

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban